Thursday, August 25, 2011

College Educated

Here are some lies I've picked up on over the years.

Third grade - In middle school, you will have to write EVERYTHING in cursive.

Sixth grade - If you can dream it, you can achieve it! (They only made this poster because it rhymed.)

Eighth grade - BFFAETWD

Ninth grade - I love your shirt!

Twelfth grade - College is going to be so hard. You will write 10 papers a week and have way too much homework.

The homework part is sometimes true... However, college is not what the high-school me had imagined. It's fun. Heading into my senior year at Western, I'm not sad. I'm excited!

I recently landed a job at our school newspaper and can't wait to get stressed out with responsibility again. It's weird, but I crave the fast-paced college life. Better yet, I thrive on it.

I should introduce myself. I'm Erin, but some people like to call me crazy.

I live with my five best friends. I have: a supportive, patient boyfriend who taught me how to play Xbox; a family that gives me middle-child syndrome; a job at the library shelving random books from call numbers A-Z.

Please read my blog.

2 comments: