Saturday, January 28, 2012

Photojournalism Class- Week 1 Adventures

This picture was taken with a 1/500 shutter speed, f/22 and 800 ISO. For this picture, my aim was to freeze the action of the jump. My teacher, Mark, told me that if you see the moment happen, then you missed the picture. It was tricky trying to get the timing right. My friend is excited to get this over with! It was really cold, but she was a good sport.

For this picture, I used f/22 and 800 ISO, but I slowed down my shutter speed to blur the snow. She got the snow in her hair, but it looked great in a following picture I took! Scroll down!

This picture took us a lot of skipping! It's especially hard to see if things are in focus looking on the small viewer in the back of the camera. Anyway, I was practicing panning objects to make the background blurry while the main subject was sharp.

My friends boyfriend squashing me like a bug. This was taken with automatic and is just for fun. :)

Here are my roommates and friends being patient. This was taken in 400 ISO, which always means higher quality, if you're working in enough daylight to turn it out.

Finally, a self portrait. The books are by Phillipa Gregory, my favorite historical author, Jack Kerouac, he wrote a lot of books about hitchhiking and travel and also got the ball rolling with the beat generation, Walter Cronkite, a legendary journalist, and a book called "Jesus for President" by Shane Claiborne. I had the pleasure of meeting Shane when he spoke two years ago at the Urbana '09 World Missions Conference in St. L. I participated in the poverty and advocacy track where I learned about victims of human trafficking and how to raise awareness . It changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment